Restraining Orders

Max Crispe Barristers & Solicitors are skilled practitioners and have significant experience in Restraining Order Matters.

We represent clients in all restraining order matters whether as an applicant or respondent. We also represent clients who have breached a restraining order or police order.

Our solicitors aim to resolve matters expediently and, in our clients’ best interest. We have listed the restraining orders currently available in WA.


Family Violence Restraining Orders (FVRO)

A Family Violence Restraining Order (FVRO) protects a person from violence, threats of violence or any other behaviour that coerces or controls them or that causes them to be fearful. An FVRO can be obtained against a partner, ex-partner or another family member, such as a brother, sister or child.

Violence Restraining Orders (VRO)

A Violence Restraining Order (VRO) protects a person from “acts of abuse” by someone other than a family member, which under section 6 of the Restraining Orders Act 1997  (WA) which includes  acts such as (but is not limited to): assault, damage to property, and threatening or intimidating behaviour. The Order takes the form of a document stating who the parties are and what the person who is bound cannot do.

Misconduct Restraining Orders

A Misconduct Restraining Order (MRO) can be used in instances where another person’s behaviour towards you falls short of physical violence but still makes you feel intimidated, causes damage to your property or involves a breach of the peace. For example, MRO’s are the most common restraining order used by neighbours.

Negotiating settlements – Undertakings and Conduct agreements
Appearance at trials